What Kind of Insurance Do I Need for a Rented Car?

Answered by

Mike Chew
Mike ChewCar Insurance Underwriter

Posted on Sep 18, 2023

There are a few different types of insurance that you may need when renting a car. The first is liability insurance, which covers damage that you may cause to other cars or people. The second is collision insurance, which covers damage to the car that you are renting. The third is comprehensive insurance, which covers damage to the car for things like theft or vandalism. You may also want to consider adding rental car coverage to your policy, which will cover the cost of renting a car if your own car is in the shop. Talk to your insurance agent to figure out what type of insurance you need for your rental car.

People are also asking

  • When Signing a Lease, How Do You Insure the Vehicle?

    When signing a lease, it is important to be aware of the insurance requirements. Most leases require that the lessee maintain full coverage insurance on the vehicle throughout the lease term. This means that you will need to have collision and comprehensive coverage as well as liability insurance. I

    Read more
  • What to Know Before Negotiating a Car Lease Buyout?

    Before negotiating a car lease buyout, you'll want to know the current market value of the car. To get an accurate estimate, you can use resources like Kelley Blue Book or NADA. You should also have an idea of your current financial situation and what you can afford.Next, you'll need to determine if

    Read more
  • Is the Hoa Fee Included in the Rent?

    No, the Hoa Fee is not included in the rent. The Hoa Fee is a separate fee that is paid to the homeowners association. The Hoa Fee covers the costs of maintaining the common areas and amenities in the community.

    Read more